Posted April 30, 2017
Are you thinking about changing up the window treatments in your home? There are a lot of great options available, such as shades, blinds, drapes and shutters. Each treatment may have its own pluses and minuses that you have to consider as you try to pick the best option for your home. Take a look at the following nine reasons you should get shutter window treatments in Winnipeg, MB:
1. Less Change: Blinds, curtains and drapes may need to get replaced eventually, but shutter treatments can be a more permanent fixture in your home.
2. Better Insulation: Because of the extra materials between your window and the rest of your house, there is more insulation, which can keep heat in your home.
3. Cooler Interior: The shutters deflect sunlight, which works to keep your home cooler, too.
4. Less Light: You can get shutter window treatments in Winnipeg, MB, in a variety of materials, including wood, poly satin and composite, which can block the sun better than other window treatments.
5. Filtered Light: If you would prefer a little bit of sunlight in the room, you can rotate the louvers to allow the light in.
6. Increase Privacy: If you want to have any view of the outside world with curtains, you lose a lot of your privacy, but by rotating the louvers, you can get a view and keep your privacy.
7. No Fading: Window treatments made from fabric can fade in the sunlight, but the wood shutters should keep their original color.
8. Various Styles: You can choose to install shutters over your entire windows or simply on the bottom half.
9. Easier Cleaning: Because this type of treatment is a harder surface, it is easier to clean than fabric.
With so many benefits, it’s hard to find a reason not to get shutter window treatments in Winnipeg, MB. You can learn more about this great treatment option by speaking with one of our in-house decorators.